Tuesday, March 26, 2013

thank you George Lucas


I have a new book coming out on Interior Noise Press. Some of these will be submitted for it, others will not. Laying on a pile of poems and just posting them as I feel it. So, to read the poems that won't be on here...you have to buy the book! I'll let you know when its coming out, shouldn't be till later this year which gives me plenty of stuff to post stuff, and stash stuff, to make an incredible book.

Welcome to my Poetry Blog, thanks for stopping by





Thank you George Lucas


Thanks for visiting the site


I think you saw Father Luke references


Sorry they weren’t the word droids you were looking for






But If you have a second Mr. Lucas


I would like to say a few things


About Star Wars






Why couldn’t it have been Star Summer camp?


And


Did you think “Death Star” was the kind of name


That would get you laid at frat parties?


I tease and go on






But truly


Mr. Lucas


I would like to say thank you


My stepbrother 3 years older than me


His whole life changed the day he saw that film


It affected teen men everywhere






So because of your brilliance


I’ve had the privilege of acting out the


Princess Leia scene


And yes,


I’ve even seen grown men


Wield vibrators and pretend they are


Light sabers.






So, I was mostly watching ET


When the whole star wars thing was going on






But I have to acknowledge it


In a sitemap


To many nice places


In my life.


PS


Rights to this poem are cheaper than you think (wink wink)






                                                                                    


No comments:

Post a Comment