Monday, February 4, 2013

I don't care about war

davidkirk.info

I have a new book coming out on Interior Noise Press. Some of these will be submitted for it, others will not. Laying on a pile of poems and  just posting them as I feel it. So, to read the poems that won't be on here...you have to buy the book! I'll let you know when its coming out, shouldn't be till later this year which gives me plenty of stuff to post stuff, and stash stuff, to make an incredible book.

Welcome to my poetry blog and thanks for stopping by. The following poem was originally published in Babel Magazine but will hopefully soon be added to the line up at my new book coming out on Interior Noise Press


I don't care about war

On TV some lady with hair like a building talks about how
we are preparing for war
Camera's show families clinging together and crying their goodbye's
And then the President stands up high behind the podium
saying words that might as well be greek to me
Then hands in the crowd start clapping, camera lights are flashing.
And some people are protesting with signs and chants and useless
idealism that is
wasting their lives second by second

I light another smoke
and wonder how many bodies I could fit into my trunk.






No comments:

Post a Comment