Monday, February 11, 2013

Pennies are still money


I have a new book coming out on Interior Noise Press. Some of these will be submitted for it, others will not. Laying on a pile of poems and  just posting them as I feel it. So, to read the poems that won't be on here...you have to buy the book! I'll let you know when its coming out, shouldn't be till later this year which gives me plenty of stuff to post stuff, and stash stuff, to make an incredible book.


Pennies Are Still Money




Every single slurred word
That leaks out of my snarled lips
Is like a familiar uncomfortable
Morning odor
Morning comes harder
When night literally falls

I put my bra in my purse
I take the change from your pockets
And that mug you keep by the door

And you

Are nothing but the wet spot
Left behind
From my dream

Of war.




Finally, thanks for vising my blog! I would LOVE feedback tell me what you hate and why. Tell me what you like and why. It really just helps me become a better writer which is what I strive to be. 








                                                     








No comments:

Post a Comment