Thursday, February 7, 2013

I am the Skeleton of Burroughs Bullet



I have a new book coming out on Interior Noise Press. Some of these will be submitted for it, others will not. Laying on a pile of poems and  just posting them as I feel it. So, to read the poems that won't be on here...you have to buy the book! I'll let you know when its coming out, shouldn't be till later this year which gives me plenty of stuff to post stuff, and stash stuff, to make an incredible book.




I am the skeleton of Burroughs’ bullet


I am the skeleton of Burroughs’ bullet.
I charged out of the chamber
And went for the quick exit
I knew what I was made for
Upon conception

And it still makes me sad that Joan went out
The same goddamn way Eve did. Nailed with an apple by a fruit.

Sometimes I wish I could go out the same way

  Or get hit by a train

Or to get struck by lightning
To get possessed by demons Abducted by aliens
A Mercy Killing
Whatever
But I always wake up.

I am the skeleton of Burroughs’ bullet
Going so fast I can’t see straight

I am the skeleton of Burroughs’ bullet
I was tucked in his pants While he was in Mexico Taking it up the ass
Because the needle
No longer put them all to sleep

They are restless
They are many
They look a lot like the ones I see
When the red dragons come for me
In my sleep

When my skeleton is put back together will you draw a red crayon heart on it?


No comments:

Post a Comment