Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Blood Sports


I have a new book coming out on Interior Noise Press. Some of these will be submitted for it, others will not. Laying on a pile of poems and  just posting them as I feel it. So, to read the poems that won't be on here...you have to buy the book! I'll let you know when its coming out, shouldn't be till later this year which gives me plenty of stuff to post stuff, and stash stuff, to make an incredible book.


Here is an old poem by feel free press uk
the back of the chap  reads:" Bukowski didn't have a crown, but if he did, if he had, Debbie Kirk is who should be wearing it. Not all these limp dick pretenders to the throne" John Bennet

Blood Sports

years laid down behind me now
like abandoned shipwrecks
huge but still invisible
sparrows are circling me again, I can smell them

All the layers
the coating
the most of me
taken from alley scraps
broken bottles
and alley cats
and all the fucking people.

It doesn't get better with age

it gets familiar
it becomes home

Sometimes I lay on the floor
and pray for the sparrows to come get me
Deliver me, like a stork
to anywhere anywhere anywhere 
else but here.

It will take some blood to attract them

I never had a blood brother
or skipped rocks across a pond
and I may be damaged
But I've got nothing but time'

to perfect my scam for a handicap
in bloodsports.



No comments:

Post a Comment